Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT) Job Notification
Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT), WB is introducing a number of new in-house courses in varied subjects. In addition to its role as an affiliatory body for 200 Engineering and Management Colleges in the state of West Bengal, the University wants to impart quality education through its innovative in-house courses.
In order to make such effort fruitful, MAKAUT has invited applications for the Professor, Associate Professor and Other Posts. Eligible candidates can apply for the posts through the Online on or before 01 October 2019.
Extra information on jobs can be obtained at the Vacancies section of the Website www.wbut.ac.in
- Last Date to send Application: 01 October 2019
Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT) Professor, Associate Professor and Other Vacancy Details
- Assistant Professor: 02 Posts
- Associate Professor: 08 Posts
- Professor: 07 Posts
- Eligibility Criteria for Professor, Associate Professor and Other Job
Advt. No: MAKAUT/REG/VACANCY/03/19 Date: 4.9.2019
As per UGC regulation 2016 as amended up to date and State Government rules (vide G.O. No. 142-Edn(U) dt. 28/02/11; 430-Edn(U) dt. 3/05/2012; 516 Edn(u) /1U-91/10 dt. 16th May, 2017; 894-Edn(U)/HED-12014(21)/1/2019-UNV SEC-Dept. of HE dated 07.08.2019) the following recruitment criteria has been framed.
Applications are invited from Indian citizens for appointment to various faculty positions as stated below in the UGC scale of pay plus admissible allowances as per existing rules.
a) As per UGC regulation 2016 as amended up to date
As per State Government rules (as noted above)
a) An eminent scholar with published work of high quality actively engaged in research with evidence of published work, books and/or research/policy papers.
b) A minimum of ten years of teaching experience in university/college, and/or experience in research at the University/National level institutions/industries, including experience of guiding candidates for research at doctoral level.
c) Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses, and technology – mediated teaching learning process.
d) A minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API) based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS) as given in Table I.
B) Associate Professor
a) As per UGC regulation 2016 as amended up to date
As per State Government rules as noted above
a) A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and/or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution/industry excluding the period of Ph.D. research with evidence of published work and a minimum of 5 publications as book and/or research/policy papers.
b) Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses, and technology – mediated teaching learning process with evidence of having guided doctoral candidates and research students, as evidenced by Ph.D. thesis /co-authored books/publications in peer reviewed journals.
C. Assistant Professor
(a) As per UGC regulation 2016 as amended up to date
As per State Government rules (vide G.O. No. 142-Edn(U) dt. 28/02/11)
Desirable Qualifications:a) Teaching, research, industrial and / or professional experience in reputed organization is desirable
b) Papers presented at Conferences and / or published in refereed journals is preferable.
Age limit for the post of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor may be followed as per the UGC Guidelines in this regard and their amendments from time to time.
Details of Position:
1. Information technology (1 post: UR-1)
2. Industrial Engineering & Management (1 post: UR-1)
Specialization: Ergonomics and other relevant areas.
1. Bio-Technology (2 posts: SC- 1, OBC- A-1)
Specialization: Computational Biology with Omics concept specially genomics, Biochemistry/ Plant Biotechnology/ Immuno-Technology/Biophysics/ Molecular Biology/ Food technology/ Biostatistics.
2. Industrial Engineering & Management (2 posts : UR -1, SC-1)
Specialization:UR: Product Design/ Simulation Modelling/ Operations Research
3. Natural Science [1 post : UR-1 (Chemistry-1) ]
Specialization:Chemistry: Research experience in Applied Chemistry/ Polymers/ Computational Chemistry/ Nano-materials and other emerging areas.
4. CSE (1 post: ST-1)
Specialization: Distributed Computing, Data Science/Analytics, Machine Intelligence, Internet Technology, Advanced Computer Architecture and other emerging areas.
5. Software Engineering (1 post: SC-1)
Specialization: Internet of Thing, Cryptography, Cyber Security, Block Chain, Artificial
Intelligence and other emerging areas.
6. Physics (1Post: UR-1)
Specialization: Research experience in Electronics/ Nanophotonics/ Optoelectronics/ Quantum Optics/ Image Processing/ Networking/ Soft Computing and other emerging areas.
1. Bio-Technology (1 post: UR-1)
Desirable: Chemical Engineering, Bio Process Engineering or Food Technology or in related subject of Engineering/Technology.
2. Management (1 post: UR-1)
3. Bio-Informatics (1 post: UR-1)
Desirable: Computational Biology/System Biology (knowledge of analysing large Omics datasets)/Computer Science and Information Technology with proficiency in Bio-computation using heterogeneous system)
4. CSE- (3 posts: UR -1, SC-1, ST-1)
Desirable:UR & ST: Distributed Computing, Data Science/Analytics, Machine Intelligence, Internet Technology.
SC: Microelectronics & VLSI, Digital Electronics
5. Software Engineering (1 post : UR - 1)
Desirable: AI/Machine Learning/ Block Chain/ Computer Graphics/ Pattern Recognition/ Distributed Computing and other related emerging areas.
RESERVATION:A: Relaxation of Marks for Direct Recruitment of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor:
- A relaxation of 5% may be provided at the Graduate and Masters level for the Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Differently-abled (physically and visually differently-abled) / Other Backward Classes (non-creamy layer) categories for the purpose of eligibility and for assessing good academic records during direct recruitment to teaching positions.However, differently-abled (physically and visually) candidates are not eligible for any marks relaxation in Physical Education discipline.
- The minimum qualifying marks of 55% is relax able by 5% marks (from 55% to 50%) at the Master level for Ph.D. Degree holders who have obtained their Masters degree prior to September 19, 1991.
- The eligibility marks or 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based on only the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedures.
- All the essential qualifications must have been obtained from a recognized University/ Institute. By a recognized University / Institute is meant a University / Institute affiliated to UGC/other statutory apex bodies or recognized by the State or Central Government as a centre of higher learning. In case of a foreign University, the Degree concerned should be recognized as equivalent to its Indian counterpart by the Association of Indian Universities.
Other information:1. Three copies of applications (1 original and 2 photocopies) should be submitted to : The
Registrar, Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal , BF – 142, Sector – I, Salt Lake City, Kolkata – 700 064.
2. Applications must reach the office of the Registrar within 01.10.2019 along with a Demand Draft (issued by any nationalized bank) of Rs. 1000/- in favour of “MAKAUT,W.B.”, payable at Kolkata (SC / ST candidates shall pay only 50% of normal application fee).
3. Envelope shall be marked “Application for the post of ................................., Sl. no……………….”
4. Please submit online a copy of the application to firstname.lastname@example.org in word format with subject line ‘Application for Post of …………in the subject…………..’
5. Persons already employed in Government / Public Sector organisations shall apply through proper channel. They may send Advance Copy to the University and furnish „No Objection Certificate‟ from their employers at the time of interview / interaction.
6. Relevant information may be enclosed as Annexure if more space is required.
7. Application forms submitted by the applicants should be properly filled in all respects and entries therein must be substantiated by supporting documents without which such applications would be treated as rejected.
8. Applications without application fee will be cancelled.
9. Appointments will be made on probation for one year, which may be extended on satisfactory performance of the incumbent during the tenure of his/her service and in case it is detected during any time of recruitment process and also at any point of time after the appointment that the documents submitted by the candidate are fake/ false/forged documents, his candidature/services will be forthwith cancelled/ terminated without assigning any reason.
10. The prescribed essential qualifications/experience indicated above is bare minimum and mere possession of the same will not entitle the candidates to be called for interview. The university reserves the right to raise the cut-off level of eligibility criteria than those indicated under „Essential Qualifications‟ for the respective posts. The University will have the right to restrict the candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable number on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed for the same. All the posts advertised are sanctioned by the Govt. of West Bengal and the age of superannuation to these posts would be 65 years or as may be notified by the Govt. of West Bengal from time to time.
11. A relaxation of 5% in marks (wherever necessary) may be provided for candidates belonging to SC /ST/ OBC categories.
12. No TA/DA will be paid to the candidates for attending interview.
13. The University reserves the right not to fill up the posts advertised without assigning any reason.
14. In case of any dispute the decision of the university will be final.
15. In case of any postal delay, the University will not be liable.
16. The Calcutta High Court only has the legal jurisdiction in this matter.